Sunday, November 6, 2011

Prof. is back

Hey everyone, I'm finished with my battle against bronchitis. Short story: I won. Yay! I'm looking forward to being back in the classroom.

Juliette stumbled upon my most recent Astrobites contribution about preparing for grad school. I wrote that post this past summer, and I didn't think to connect it to our course. But it makes perfect sense to do so, so check out Juliette's blog and follow the link from there.

I wrote another Astrobites post last year that went viral, at least throughout the astronomy community. I think all Caltech students should check it out, and talk to me if it strikes a nerve.

Finally, we had our first two blog posts come in as part of the Professional Astronomers series. Write your first post soon, with your initial thoughts and impressions about what the process of going pro is all about. Then get going on your interviews! Talk to me if you need recommendations for interview subjects. But don't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment